We’re Hiring! Are You Our New National Director?
The Diverse Elders Coalition is excited to announce that we are hiring for a new National Director. We are a dynamic, collaborative group of people working to improve aging in diverse communities.
Check out the full position description to learn more and apply.
Apply by May 5th for priority application consideration!
The Diverse Elders Coalition (DEC) is seeking an accomplished, passionate National Director to lead our coalition’s growing presence in the fields of aging policy advocacy and education. The National Director will be responsible for developing the coalition’s policy advocacy and training programs, representing our members and our work at public events, and coordinating the successful completion of grants and projects. We are looking for someone who is committed to social justice, interested in improving the lives of older adults and family caregivers in diverse communities, and excited to work with our staff and coalition member organizations toward our vision of a just, equitable world.
Founded in 2010, the Diverse Elders Coalition works to improve aging in racially and ethnically diverse communities, American Indian and Alaska Native communities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities. Our six member organizations are trusted, committed experts on aging in the communities they represent, and together, we have developed a powerful voice committed to ensuring that diverse elders have a say in the policies and programs that impact our lives.
In partnership with our six member organizations, our National Director will be responsible for:
- Monitoring key aging legislation (i.e. Older Americans Act) and ensuring that diverse communities are included in decision-making and programming
- Monitoring governmental activities that could impact the elders in our communities to ensure an appropriate response from the DEC on opportunities and/or threats
- Developing a communications strategy for the DEC’s online and offline media, and working with DEC staff to execute that strategy, including authoring and coordinating content for the DEC’s website and social media accounts
- Strategizing and identifying potential projects and funders
- Identifying and pursuing new partnerships and alliances that could strengthen the power of the coalition, including identifying new coalition members