Diverse Elders Coalition to Hold Capitol Hill Briefing
If you’re in the Washington, DC area next Wednesday, join the Diverse Elders Coalition for a briefing on the economic issues, and proposed policy solutions, facing vulnerable older people, including Black elders; Hispanic elders; Asian and Pacific Islander elders; American Indian and Alaska Native elders; and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) elders.
Securing Our Future: A Capitol Hill Briefing on Advancing Economic Security for Diverse Elders
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
10 am – 12 pm
Room SD-562, on the north side of the Capitol in the Dirksen Senate Office Building
A panel of experts from the Diverse Elders Coalition will discuss the new policy report Securing Our Future, and issues facing our diverse elder communities. Speakers include (as of July 19):
- Michael Adams, Executive Director, Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders
- David Affeldt, Asociación Nacional Pro Personas Mayores
- Randella Bluehouse, Executive Director, National Indian Council on Aging
- Dr. Yanira Cruz, President & CEO, National Hispanic Council on Aging
- Christine Takada, President & CEO, National Asian Pacific Center on Aging
- Doua Thor, Executive Director, Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- Daniel Wilson, Director of Policy and Program Development, National Caucus & Center on Black Aged, Inc.
Refreshments will be provided. For more information, and to RSVP, contact Jason Coates at 202-347-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.